An ounce of prevention, the old saying goes, is worth a pound of cure. This is doubly true with taxes. Before you make a big life or financial decision, you should know the tax implications of it. Are you:
- Moving from Canada to the US or vice versa?
- Operating a business on both sides of the border?
- Transferring your wealth to your kids or grandkids?
- Buying or selling a house or a vacation property?
- Reorganizing the business you run because you want to retire?
- Receiving an inheritance?
- Selling your company?
- Making investments?